Welcome to the expat life!

I'm going on my second international relocation as a wife. We moved to Sao Paulo, Brazil, about 3 years ago and now we're moving to Mexico City, Mexico.
As I know very well relocating is not easy but it is a choice. So, even with all the issues we have I'll try to make the best out of it!

Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Enjoying Mexico City

I have to admit that now, that I don't have the pressure of moving to Mexico City and find a school for the kids, I am enjoying Mexico City a lot!


We just spent a couple of weeks there and had a great time. Yes, as you can tell the internet there is still a problem. The management from the flat "fixed" the problem and now we do have internet connection. In the bathroom. Only in the bathroom! My husband is trying to work on it and buy a router or something that he can plug a USB cable in so next time I'm there I'll have internet connection in the rest of our 1 bedroom flat. But it's ok. Knowing that I can come home and not have to deal with it on a daily basis makes me happy and able to enjoy my time there.


I took the kids to the Chapultepec park and we had a great time. Ciudad de los Ninos is also a big hit. A few day trips to the ruins and to a friend's house. We visited the Virgen de Guadalupe Church. We had the best time! And the food... Now that my husband knows the city a little bit better, he took us to some good local restaurants for real mexican food. My new favorite restaurant is Villa Maria, in Polancos. Not only the food is great but the margaritas are out of this world. It is close to our flat, so I can walk there, and the atmosphere is nice. Some days they even have the mariachis playing. And the staff is so nice to the kids! 


I am still avoiding to drive in Mexico City as much as I can. And so is my husband. Polancos is working out for us. We only have to drive to go to the supermarket or the mall, and we have a driver to take us there. For everything else we walk. The driver doesn't really like it, but hey...


I think I can live this crazy life for another year. It's not easy, but now I am feeling like I'm getting the best of both worlds.  Then we'll see what will happen next!


No comments: