Welcome to the expat life!

I'm going on my second international relocation as a wife. We moved to Sao Paulo, Brazil, about 3 years ago and now we're moving to Mexico City, Mexico.
As I know very well relocating is not easy but it is a choice. So, even with all the issues we have I'll try to make the best out of it!

Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Broken Heart

We've been telling the kids about the possible move. Possible because there are other possibilities: Finding a job with another company in FL, finding a job with the same company in FL or continue the super commute.

My daughter has a pretty good attitude regarding the move as long as we move somewhere where it snows during winter. She was so young when she left the northeast that she can't remember and would love to start having, once again, White Christmas.

My son, on the other hand... He is older and his memories are of leaving his friends behind. And he keeps asking me to stay. Telling me he doesn't want to do it again. Heart breaking, isn't it??!!

It took him two years to adjust. And now, another move. He keep wondering: when is it going to end?? Is it ever going to end?? As the sole parent handling this discussions I get really anxious, hoping for HR to have mercy and make a decision. I also can't help but wonder: Why don't this questions arise during the weekend, when his dad is around?? What is the right answer to give to my son?? What will benefit him the most - super commute or another move??

Decisions, decisions, decisions... It is that time of my life again...

No comments: