Welcome to the expat life!

I'm going on my second international relocation as a wife. We moved to Sao Paulo, Brazil, about 3 years ago and now we're moving to Mexico City, Mexico.
As I know very well relocating is not easy but it is a choice. So, even with all the issues we have I'll try to make the best out of it!

Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Safety and Dogs

A question I get asked a lot is this: "Is it safe to walk your pets on the streets of Sao Paulo or Mexico City"?

Well, it depends on what neighborhood you live in and most important on what time you're going out to walk your dog. If you don't live in a gated community I would walk them no earlier than 7:30 am and no later than 6:30 pm. The darker it it and the less people on the streets there are, the more dangerous it is for you to walk your dog.

The safety in neighborhoods vary greatly. You should always ask your doorman, neighbors and friends if and when it is safe to walk your pet. Also ask them what is the best route to take and how far you should go. 

Always be alert and aware of your surroundings. And always bring a bag to pick-up after your dog.

No comments: