Welcome to the expat life!

I'm going on my second international relocation as a wife. We moved to Sao Paulo, Brazil, about 3 years ago and now we're moving to Mexico City, Mexico.
As I know very well relocating is not easy but it is a choice. So, even with all the issues we have I'll try to make the best out of it!

Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

More Friends Relocating

As I've mentioned before, once you enter the relocation wagon it is hard to leave it. I just heard from 2 friends today, and they will be relocating again in June. Good job offers! One is going to Ireland and the other one to Russia.  They're excited about it and also a bit apprehensive.


It is funny but I know less about Ireland then I do about Russia. I am not talking about stereotypes. One thing I know is that it's a beautiful country. But that's it. And Russia:  St. Petersburg, the Bolshoi and Kirov ballets, the architecture and the colors. And the only two words I know in Russian - "Da" and "Niet" - yes and no.  I do know a couple of curse words, but I can't spell them. I also know that the american school there is very good and that it is freezing cold. Much colder than Ireland.


My friends are going on their "look-and-see" next week. They both wanted to come back home and they want this to be their last international assignment. So besides the working on the new job, their husbands are going to have to start working on their career plan to bring the families back soon. Two big tasks. Lots of pressure. But they can handle it.


They just started planning a trip here for winter and I am planning my trip there next summer. I can't wait to see what Ireland is all about and watch the Bolshoi and Kirov again. 


I wish them all the best!

No comments: