Welcome to the expat life!

I'm going on my second international relocation as a wife. We moved to Sao Paulo, Brazil, about 3 years ago and now we're moving to Mexico City, Mexico.
As I know very well relocating is not easy but it is a choice. So, even with all the issues we have I'll try to make the best out of it!

Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Flying

We've been doing a lot of flying recently as you know. And is it just me or do you also think that the people flying just keep getting more and more rude?


Yes, I am the one who need to fly with the pets in cabin, but they are definitely better mannered then most people who have been flying these days. Flight attendants will agree with me.


Usually it starts before we even board the plane. There's always a few people trying to cut ahead of the line to board it. The airline attendant start calling by rows but no one listens, or care. And we have assigned seats! And children and handicapped people have priority at this time. Then first and business classes. Is it really that hard to figure this out?


Then, it is unbelievable the amount of carry-on people are bringing on-board these days. And on international flights the excuse that you have to pay to check-in the luggage doesn't fly. It is free. Everyone knows that planes have limited spaces but they don't seem to care. Some people even have the guts to cut the line and start putting their stuff on the first rows luggage compartments even tough they're flying all the way on the back. Aren't you supposed to have your bags with you? On your compartment? It scares me from a security point of view. Hello, FAA and flying marshals!!


The flight attendants many times won't stop this behavior, and I believe they should. I do feel bad for the flight attendants. I've seen people be so disrespectful and rude to them. In most of my flights they are very nice.


My suggestion is for the airline to have the people in-charge of boarding the plane making sure that the passengers check-in their baggages before they are allowed to board the plane. Easy. One carry-on is fine, but more is a big no, no.


And what have I been doing about it all? I am always one of the last people to board the plane. And I keep my purse with me. If the kids have a back-pack it also stays with us at our feet. We avoid the line, the aggravation and most importantly, stress. 

No comments: