Welcome to the expat life!

I'm going on my second international relocation as a wife. We moved to Sao Paulo, Brazil, about 3 years ago and now we're moving to Mexico City, Mexico.
As I know very well relocating is not easy but it is a choice. So, even with all the issues we have I'll try to make the best out of it!

Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Are Bad News Good News?

I've got an answer from the school 2 days ago. Finally! But it wasn't good. And it took a while to sink in.


Apparently there was a shoot out right outside a school in Monterrey and lots of companies are transferring families to Mexico City. And guess what?? These kids have the priority on the wait list at school. So there is no spot available for my kids.


My husband decided to take a look at the school that was our second option. He scheduled an appointment with the admissions director.  But she didn't show up. He waited for an hour. So what do we do now?? There are only two accredited schools in Mexico City. Accredited Under Advisement, but still, the ones following the american curriculum.


We're looking into moving to the US and doing the super commute. He can leave to Mexico City on Monday morning and come back on Friday afternoon. Not the best alternative but at least the kids will be at a good school.  


I am extremely frustrated and blaming H.R. and the relocation company! If they had told me, back in August, when I went on my look and see trip, that the test at the school was MANDATORY, I would have taken the children with me and we would have gotten an answer a while back. With enough time to put a plan B in action. Now, my house is packed, the container is ready to go but I don't know where to.


I'll have a tough day ahead of me trying to find a solution that will be good for the whole family. But let's be honest. After 3 years living abroad moving back to the US sounds pretty sweet! But keeping the kids and myself away from my husband doesn't feel that good. Even if it's only during the week.


Now my priority is to keep the family happy and together!! Time to think, talk to the right people and find a solution to this HUGE problem.

No comments: