Welcome to the expat life!

I'm going on my second international relocation as a wife. We moved to Sao Paulo, Brazil, about 3 years ago and now we're moving to Mexico City, Mexico.
As I know very well relocating is not easy but it is a choice. So, even with all the issues we have I'll try to make the best out of it!

Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Documents for leaving Brazil

OMG!! I just spent the last 3 days trying to put together all the documents we will need to leave the country. And for our furniture to enter the U.S.. The list is so loooooong. So I'll list them in parts:


For the cats:

  • A letter from the vet saying that their vaccine is current and they are in good health;
  • Vaccination ceriticate;
  • A document from the Ministry of Agriculture saying that they are allowed to leave the country;
For the kids:
  • Their passports
  • A notarized letter authorizing me/my husband to take one of the kids out of the country without the other parent;
For the move:
  • The inventory;
  • Insurance papers;
  • Power of attorney to the moving company;
  • certified copies of documents;
For Hubby and I:
  • Passports;
  • e-tickets.
We've been working really hard but I think we got all done now. And it feels good!



No comments: