Welcome to the expat life!

I'm going on my second international relocation as a wife. We moved to Sao Paulo, Brazil, about 3 years ago and now we're moving to Mexico City, Mexico.
As I know very well relocating is not easy but it is a choice. So, even with all the issues we have I'll try to make the best out of it!

Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Last Goodbye Party

I'm getting ready for my last goodbye party. And this will be a big one! We - and by we I mean my family and friends - are very happy we're moving to Miami for at least 6 months!


This afternoon I had my last lunch en-petit-comite. With my brazilian friends. This time it did not feel like a good-bye. All of my brazilian friends go to Miami often and lots of my american and foreigner friends do too. So I know I'll be seeing everybody soon enough. Not too many of our friends would have gone to Mexico City to visit us...


But still, reality is sinking in and I am realizing that I'll be gone in 3 days!


I was a nervous rack for a while. Actually, for quite some time. Not having an answer from the school, not having a house and my husband not having a visa was driving me crazy! Now he has his mexican visa but we don't need to worry about it for the rest of the family because we're move back to the U.S.. And buying or renting a house there will be easy. And the fun of buying a new car! And going to a good PUBLIC school!! And the school has to have a spot for my children. And it is much better than the private american schools in Mexico City.


My life will be so easy there!! Yes, I won't have a driver or a housekeeper but I will have security, good hospitals, good education and the icing on the cake - I'll speak english! Or sort of - it is still Miami!


So now I am getting ready to go have some caipirinhas and say see you soon to all my friends.  Next time we'll be having cosmopolitans!



No comments: