Welcome to the expat life!

I'm going on my second international relocation as a wife. We moved to Sao Paulo, Brazil, about 3 years ago and now we're moving to Mexico City, Mexico.
As I know very well relocating is not easy but it is a choice. So, even with all the issues we have I'll try to make the best out of it!

Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Settling Down

Things are not as hectic as they used to be. There's a lot less to worry about. A few things still don't work in Mexico, like the internet, but we're learning to adapt. So today I was thinking about the whole process and how it started about a year ago.  It seems to me like everything that could go wrong on this move did go wrong. But it was great!  Why? Because I started this blog.


The reason why I started to write about all I've been thru is to help people avoid making the same mistakes I made. To help people have a smooth transition. I did not have it easy this time. And here  I could vent.  I can talk about the good, the bad and the ugly. There were lots of good things coming out of this move and there were some very frustrating times too. Good and bad experiences. In the end I was actually hoping for things to go wrong so I could learn the ins and outs and post on the blog. But, boy, I am relieved things are under control now. At least for now...


2 comments:

Miss Footloose | Life in the Expat Lane said...

Hello Alice, nice to meet you. I'm a serial expat and have lived in a number of foreign countries. Just moved to Moldova a couple of months ago, and have the normal sort of settling in annoyances and irritations to deal with.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your Mexican adventures, the good, the bad and the ugly, and I'm happy to share mine on my blog.

Cecilia said...

Hi Alice -
It is nice to meet you too. I love your blog! It is so nice to know that I am not alone.