Welcome to the expat life!

I'm going on my second international relocation as a wife. We moved to Sao Paulo, Brazil, about 3 years ago and now we're moving to Mexico City, Mexico.
As I know very well relocating is not easy but it is a choice. So, even with all the issues we have I'll try to make the best out of it!

Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Finding a Gas Station

So, the car is bought. Now where do we fill the tank??


There aren't that many gas stations in Mexico City. It seems like there is only one chain who has the monopoly, Pemex. The price of gas is not too bad, compared to the price in Brazil and in the US.


You feel like always need to stop by to fill your tank when you see a gas station because you never know when you will run out of gas and where the next gas station will be. In Sao Paulo there are gas stations everywhere. Just outside of our development there are two - one of a brazilian chain called Ipiranga and one of the Shell chain. 


I counted only 6 gas stations when I was there - 1 in Polancos, 1 in Reforma, 1 in Santa Fe, 1 near ASF school and 2 near Six Flags. That's it. 


The driver told us to always keep a full tank. The relocation company agent also told me that there weren't too many gas stations out there too. I hope I am wrong and there are more gas stations out there that I just haven't found...


No comments: