Welcome to the expat life!

I'm going on my second international relocation as a wife. We moved to Sao Paulo, Brazil, about 3 years ago and now we're moving to Mexico City, Mexico.
As I know very well relocating is not easy but it is a choice. So, even with all the issues we have I'll try to make the best out of it!

Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Japan Update

Just like other companies, our company just told the expats to evacuate Tokyo and is also offering help to their local employees. I know Apple is doing the same. And I also know most people are being taken care of, either by the government or by local charities.


But as a pet lover cant help but wonder: what's happening to all the animals victims of this catastrophe? Where are they going to? Who's caring for them? How can I help them?


If anyone have this information please let me know. I would love to help out with the pet efforts.


All of my friends know that I am not a believer in donating money to big charities, like the Red Cross. I think that most of the money donated to them goes to pay the large salaries of their executives. Remember what happened to all the money donated on 9/11? So my approach is to help individuals or donating food and other supplies to the local animal shelters. But I do like to help and I am looking forward to do something for these pets who are going thru so much - radiation, losing their families, their homes, their food... They also need our help.

No comments: